Check out my pages!

Monday, February 8, 2010

Pray for Sung

It's not every day I get an email of which I need to take such notice.

A brother in Vietnam named Sung became a Christian just this past November. When he was recently threatened with a fatal beating and the loss of all his property (which would leave his family destitute), he signed recantation documents, saying he recanted his faith in Jesus. His is supposed to prove his recantation by offering sacrifices to ancestors this Saturday. For the full story, click here.

I read Luke 9:23-26: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it. What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit his very self? If anyone is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him..."

And so we, who do not face the daily trials of being a Christian in a hostile land, can and should hold up this brother and the many many others like him in prayer. It's the least we can do from our comfy chairs and computers that can provide us with constant information about God's people around the world. Surely I can't be too busy to pray for those whose faith in Jesus endangers their lives and the lives of their families.

Each Friday I have signed up to receive prayer updates from Voice of the Martyrs, where I heard about Sung. You can sign up too, by clicking here.

Father God, protect and equip Sung and his family to deal with this situation by clinging to You. Give him a special assurance of Your love, faithfulness, and trustworthiness even this night. Be his mighty rock and refuge, his fortress so that he cannot be shaken (Ps 62). Through Your divine power, provide for everything he needs in these days (2 Peter 1:3). Our eyes are on You and we look forward to Your answer!


1 comment:

  1. Katie, thanks for the heads up about Sung - I'll be praying...

    Mom

    ReplyDelete