Check out my pages!

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Let me help...

Kids show you a lot about our Heavenly Father.

Anna recently became upset by a garage step from which she really wanted to get down.  She focused on it for a while, could see no solution, and started to whine a little.  This would normally be a normal reaction, except that the whole time she considered her predicament and was upset by it I (as the ever-attentive and loving mother) was standing there saying "Anna, let me help you" and "Anna, take my hand."

Is this not what God does with us every second of every day?  If only I would listen and allow myself to be led and helped by Him moment by moment - surely THAT is part of the abundant life!

So do not fear, for I am with you; 
do not be dismayed, for I am your God. 
I will strengthen you and help you; 
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

- Isaiah 41:10


1 comment:

  1. Ahh, what a wonderful reminder! Raising small children can teach us SO much about the Christian life!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete