Check out my pages!

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Joy

My new favorite quote about joy and delighting in God:


"Joy is perfect acquiescence - acceptance, rest - in God's will, whatever comes.  And that is so only for the soul who delights himself in God...Accept for yourself the Fatherhood of God...and by the presence of the Holy Spirit within, you will learn to rejoice in the will of God, and nothing else....Leave yourself open to the circumstances of His choice, for that is perfect acceptance, and rest in the will of God...If you do so, you are in the company of the brave!..In this..."You became imitators of us and of the Lord. (1 Thess 1:6a)" - Amy Carmichael


1. first discovered by me Monday, December 4, 2006.

2. rediscovered by reading my old journals Monday, August 17, 2009 while trying to come to grips with the fact: yes, I am a mom!

3. hopefully not forgotten by me in the coming weeks and months!

No comments:

Post a Comment